Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's in the bag: My Summer Beauty Steals!



When it comes to trying new beauty products, let's just say the drug store is not my go to. However, a few weeks ago I was in the city reuniting with my long lost Pi Phi loves, when my girl friend Sara pulled out a vibrant cherry colored lip stick. I watched as she applied it; it went on rather softer than expected- but pretty none the less! When she said it was Maybelline Baby Lips from the drugstore, I had to try it! It went on so smooth like a chapstick, but gave nice color- I was impressed! ... bye-bye Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. A few days later I ventured into CVS in search of it, when I noticed they were having a special on Maybelline products. Obviously, I couldn't leave with just one, so I picked up the "cherry me " and "pink punch" being a couple dollars shy of earning the "extra bucks" I reached for the Volum' Express Mega Plush Mascara in Brownish Black. Who knew that this would soon replace my beloved Hyperlash Mascara from Smashbox. The Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara is a gel-mousse mascara which contains 40% less hard waxes which definitely gave me "massive, yet supple lashes." The brownish black color is a great softer option for summer time! 

My third summer beauty steal I have give my mom credit for finding! She has been pushing this product on me for over a year, and I finally get why! I have been using a tinted moisturizer since high school, Nars 'Pure Radiant' Tinted Moisturizer to be exact, but woah! I am convinced that Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector is truly just that, a miracle! I have sampled a few department store brands since, but honestly nothing compares to this $13 find! Not to mention the tube is huge and will last the entire summer! The coverage rivals a foundation, it moisturizes but isn't oily, and is packed with Vitamin C and other skincare properties. 

If you are looking for a quick and easy make-up routine for the summer, pick up these three beauty steals, add a little shimmer with a bronzer on your cheek bones and you are good to go! Not to mention, have a few extra dollars in your pocket for a  glass  bottle of bubbly!

Cheers, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment