Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Current Obsession: Charlotte Olympia's Cosmic Collection

 
 So, recently I've developed a major design crush on Charlotte Olympia! I mean, borderline obsession... but not in a creepy way... at least I think not? From her sky-high platforms to her whimsical flats, her designs never fail to catch my attention! Currently, I am dying to slip my feet into a pair from the Half-Brazilian / Half-English designer's Cosmic Collection! 

 
The capsule collection of Birthday Shoes and Zodiac Pandora Clutch Boxes were exclusively designed to celebrate the twelve star signs. The slipper-inspired suede shoes feature a gold hand-painted enamel Zodiac symbol, embellished with Swarovski crystals. An eye-catching horoscope embroidery also appears on the side of each pair, making them all the more unique! Each pair of Birthday Shoes comes with a Charlotte Olympia horoscope book and an adhesive Polaroid picture which can be placed on the outside of your shoe box to archive your Charlotte Olympia collection... bonus!  ;)

Just in case anyone was curious, I wear a size 39 ;)
Recently, I read an interview Charlotte did with Sandra from the blog, Sandra's Closet:
and was I became entranced by her old hollywood glamour appeal. If you know me, you'd know that I truly believe I was born in the wrong era. I was definitely meant to be a woman of the 40's, a decade in which Charlotte draws much of her inspiration. I feel like we would make great friends. Charlotte, call me!

 
One fun fact I learned from reading the interview was that her signature trademark, the spider web (found on all of her shoes) was actually inspired by my favorite children's book, Charlotte's Web! ... That's it, soul-sisters!
 
Anyways, her Zodiac Flats retail at $695 and can be found at luxury retailers from Net-A-Porter to Bergdorf.
 
                                                            Cheers, A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment