Sunday, June 2, 2013

Good Eats: Fruit Inspired Salads

Other than the sun-kissed skin, easy-breezy sun dresses and beach-wavied hair, something I look forward to in the summer time are the green markets and cooking with fresh, flavorful ingredients... such as fresh fruit!
 
Lettuce be honest here. ;) I enjoy a yummy salad, but when it comes to preparing them at home, it just never seems to taste as good as when I order one out. Maybe it's my typical boring choice of toppings; shredded carrots, tomato, onion, etc. that just isn't doing it for me. 
 
However, I am determined to break out of the boring salad rut I have been stuck in, and liven it up a bit by incorporating the fresh fruit I picked up at the local green market! 
 
So, with the mission in mind, I took to the world wide web for some inspiration! After scouring pinterest, food gawker and some of my favorite foodie blogs, I found a few "fruit salads" I am excited to try! Who want to reserve a seat in this test kitchen? ... Champagne included of course! ;)  
Arugula, Grapefruit & Toasted Coconut Salad

Asian Pear Salad
 
Mango, Macadamia & Avocado Arugula Salad
Melon Prosciutto and Burrata Salad



Cheers, A.

No comments:

Post a Comment